4.12.2009

No MRI tomorrow....

For all of you on FB--hang tight please, but for those others out there, here's the recap. Ellie was originally scheduled for her neck MRI tomorrow (4.13). BUT, thanks to the stupid *bleep* *bleep* pre-op nurse (forgive me fellow pre-op nurses at BH) at Riley, they cannot proceed with Ellie's MRI tomorrow. They now think the MRI needs to be done under general anesthesia so they couldn't accommodate us tomorrow...damn!! Apparently, now we can't get in until mid-May unless a cancellation pops up. For a test that was to be done as soon as we could get it done, mid-May seems quite far off to me. Not a very good patient satisfier in my not-so-humble opinion. Maybe I'm being pissy, IDK. It just makes me a nervous wreck that I was told how life-changing our lives could be if, God forbid, something happens to Ellie's neck (i.e paralysis from the neck down). She is just more fragile than most of us, including other LP's. Should I just put her on a leash or tie her to a chair? Seriously...think about how it would make you feel if you were told that your child is at an increased risk for major paralysis (like Christopher Reeves)? It scares the hell out of me. I just pray we can get her in sooner than mid-May. Sorry for the sober post. I know the next one will be better....it'll have the recap from the District 5 LPA Spring Regionals!!!

5 comments:

The Wymer Clan said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you to swing into a cancellation spot sooner rather than later. Good luck, keep your head up, and know that I'm thinking of you.

Kim said...

Bobbi-Is there anyone you can appeal to? Her supervisor? The hospital administrator? Getting her ortho to call directly? I know you must be a nervous wreck. Is there any other hospital that would accomodate her? Hugs!!!!!

Melissa Swartley said...

I am totally feelin ya right now! Sonya is also one of those fragile kiddos so I can completely relate! I'm praying for you to get a much sooner appointment! Like Kim said, is there anyone higher up that you can talk to and express the urgency of this? Try calling her ortho and see if he can do anything to get this process going. Sonya and I are sending you bigtime hugs!!!!!

Greene Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that they postponed her MRI! You must be a nervous wreck with the waiting. I'll keep you guys in my prayers that they find an appointment for you a lot sooner than mid-May. Keep calling and bugging whoever you can! Hugs!

Mandy said...

I had a great time this weekend. Hope you are getting your voice back! Hope to chat with you soon.