4.26.2009

Busy week ahead of us

I've dreaded this coming week for awhile now, but there is a silver lining at the end. This is the week of Ellie's neck MRI. It was determined by the Riley Children's Hospital MRI staff that Ellie needs to be put under general anesthesia due to her being a heavy/loud breather. It's scheduled for Wednesday, but we won't know the time of the actual test until Tuesday afternoon. This sucks since Riley is 2 hrs away from us. I'm a planner and like to know times, dates, etc. This will be the first time she's been put all the way under so that does scare me a bit. Hopefully, we will get her results promptly so we can know what's next in her future.

The next day, Ellie has to make yet another trip to the Dentist. She has another 'spot' on one of her back teeth (forgive me for not knowing which tooth. Frankly, the Dentist and the mouth/teeth creep me out). This will be her third sealant put on. According to Dr. Weir, Ellie has very thin enamel on her teeth and on some of her teeth, the enamel isn't even touching. These two things alone has hopefully caused her 'spots.' It'll be interested to see how her permanent teeth will fair. Hopefully, their enamel will be thicker.


Now, for the silver lining to the wk. My sister, Traci, is coming in on Friday for the weekend! My girls absolutely ADORE Aunt Traci. What a great birthday present to me...a visit from my awesome big sis!!! What more can a girl want...a new iPhone(a gift from me to me), a visit from her best friend...life is good!

8 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

We will be keeping Ellie in our prayers! Sonya was put under all the way for her achilles tendon release surgery when she was 4 months old! It's really stressful, but I'm sure Ellie will do fine! She may be pretty sleepy for the rest of the day though! My husbands first set of teeth came in with no enamel at all! He had lots of issues with them when he was a kid, but his permanent teeth came in perfect! Sonya has some issues with her teeth too and they are gradually wearing away, but the doctors suspect that her second set will be less affected as they usually are! So here's hoping Ellie will be lucky with that too! Enjoy your sisters visit! We'll be thinking of you! Hugs! :)

Jill Hutslar said...

I hope you get good news this week Bobbi! I'll keep Ellie in my prayers.

The Wymers said...

Hopefully the MRI will yield positive results, I'll be thinking of you Wednesday. Good luck with all of it, keep us posted. --m

Unknown said...

I hope the appointment goes well. Please keep us posted and tell Ellie we're thinking of her!

Kim said...

I am keeping you all in my prayers and thoughts-Ellie especially but you too because this is scary as a parent. I hope you find out the results quick!!!! Then the dentist issues! It's great that you and Melissa can talk about the dental issues. I love our blogging family! And what a cool birthday gift! A visit from your sis! (My birthday is the 4th-when's yours)? Keep us posted! Hugs!

Unknown said...

So many birthdays close together. I just had mine, yours in coming up, Ashleigh is 7 tomorrow and Aidan is 4 on Sunday and then it looks like Kim's is the day after Aidan's. What a wonderful gift to have your sister come. I'll be thinking of you and Ellie and hope that the MRI brings some good news.

Greene Family said...

We will be thinking of you guys and keeping Ellie (and you guys) in our prayers this week! I worry a lot when Simon is put under general anesthesia, but it has gone really well both times, and I'm sure Ellie will do great as well - definitely understand your worry though. I hope you get good results back from the MRI, and I hope Ellie's permanent teeth have thicker enamel than her baby teeth (promising based on what Melissa had to say)!
Enjoy your visit with your sister and have a great birthday!!

Destini said...

Hugs to get you through the week! It is tough not getting a time to show up until the evening before! We will be thinking about you guys, poor Ellie, an MRI and the dentist! Hope she gets a good prize when it is all over with!