10.29.2008

Bare with me...I'm a blog virgin

Ok, ok...I know that I am not that computer savy, but I'm slowly broadening my horizons. I'm now on Facebook, have obvioulsy just started my own blog....I can hardly even think what is next in my immediate future!

I've actually decided to do this for a couple of reasons. Reason #1: It's a great way to let my family and friends know what's going on in my sometimes crazy life. Reason #2: Refer to Reason #1. Oh, and last but not least...Reason #3: To let you glimpse in my life and what it entails raising a little person.

My husband, Chris, and I have one daughter together and her name is Ellie. She has been little from birth and we've seen several doctors to try to get a diagnosis. We've recently been told that she more than likely has a rather rare form of dwarfism called Spondyloepiphyseal Dysplasia Congentia...or SEDc (which is quite frankly easier to say, much less type). This was more than likely a spontaneous genetic mutation which happens 85% of the time. We are just so blessed to have her. She is such a joy, she makes us laugh till we cry, is extremely smart, and can do whatever she puts her mind to. What that little girl lacks in height, she makes up in spirit!!!! Our road ahead may be a little bumpy at times but God has given us the perfect girl to raise (well, 3 to be exact).

2 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!! Can I add you to my blog?

Bobbi said...

Absolutely!